Monday, September 26, 2011

Here it comes...I think?

When I first started this blog, my original intent was to explore the future of augmented reality. I have been a long time fanatic of Disneyland and I have always believed that a theme park would be the best place to actualize the potential of augmented reality.

My last post discussed the application of augmented reality to make the film Avatar. Coincidentally, Disney has just announced that Avatar will be coming to their theme parks. With Pandora being such a fantastical and elaborate world, it's hard to ignore the ideal application of a interactive CG environment where guests can look around and see 10 ft Na'vi and flying creatures and be totally immersed by a virtual world. It seems like such a natural transition to take the virtual camera that Cameron used to make Avatar, place it into some user friendly goggles, and allow Disney guests to experience a world like no other. It sounds far fetched, but come on... it's Disney & James Cameron.

1 comment:

  1. I think this blog should be titled "Ode to James Cameron". Count me in for the next tour of Pandora! Sounds awesome!!

    ReplyDelete